Sunday 9 July 2017

Lazy Sunday


It was nice to spend the day in town. I forget how much history Lincoln has to offer itself and after going on the open top tour bus, there's a few little more things I notice now. I decided to treat the girls after having such amazing school reports from both Aurora and Ophelia and then having Aurora pass her SATS too (eeeeep!), I figured a little treat would go down well. So first stop in town to prepare us for the walk up Steep Hill was Coffee Bobbins for some epic cakes, if you've ever been to Lincoln you will know what I mean by preparing for THAT walk. I picked Chocolate and Raspberry cake and the girls had a Cookie Dough Cheesecake and a Strawberry Lemonade cake. 


When we finally got to the top, there was a few little bits going on around the Bailgate area, so after a wander round all the streets, the Craft fair and the Castle grounds, we had a stop and stroked some owls that were up there. I was prepared to take Mozart home with us, each time you went near to stroke him he did this adorable happy dance. I just loved him.


Food time back down the bottom of the hill was Carlucco's where the girls has lots of pasta as one of them has decided that pigs are too cute to eat so any meat is just a big fat no and well, the little one would just never choose sometimes when left to her own devices, and me this very healthy Abruzzese salad.


 

To end the day we relaxed in the back garden where I still managed to burn a bit more, even with layers of high factor sun cream on me surround by the odd bee that came to keep us company. It was so nice to have a day with the girls where no arguing happened and the only complaint was that Ophelia thought she would fall down the hill. More Sundays like this please. So now I'm going to end my Sunday with a glass of Gin and Tonic in front of Love Island.

I hope you've all had an amazing Sunday

xx


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Pastel Daydreams. Design by Fearne.