Sunday 23 July 2017

Trip To Woodside Wildlife Park

Now I'm that I'm a full time working mummy, I want to be able to make the most of the summer holidays on the days that I have off and be able to take my girls away on little trips that before I wouldn't of been able to afford or do. So on Saturday, we took a little trip up to Woodside Wildlife Park which is only a 20 minute drive from my house, so with my voucher from a little magazine that the girls got from school for one child free with every two paying adults off we went. Bonus. We were lucky that there weren't so many people there with the weather forecast saying it wasn't going to be amazing so the girls got some amazing views of the animals.




I loved the Meerkats and Otters. I made an ‘awwwing’ noise which can only be described as high enough for dogs to hear. The park had recently had baby Meerkats which sadly we didn’t see, but we did get to see the baby Otters all grown up! Look at how soft their fur is!?



After walking around a bit we came across the Capybara family, (giant guinea pigs) with their three little ones all huddled around Mum while eating. Baby animals bring out the weirdest noises in me I swear. After standing around watching them a little while, we went to watch a show were we got to see a Fox, some birds as well as a few other little animals up close before wandering around some more.


The crocodiles were so still like statues. They only moved once while we were looking at them. I couldn’t get over watching their eyes blink because of the way they moved. Made me feel all funny.




Before the day was over, we went to look have a look at two other shows that were going on, one where we got to see them feed Julia the Tiger and the Lynx cats too, and then a Reptile show where we held a snake and got to stroke some lizards all while a woman stood way too close for comfort with a Tarantula in her hand.
It was a great little day out, we lots of animals seen, lots of cooing over the cuteness of them all and getting to exhaust the girls out on the little play area again. I can’t wait to go back when they get some new animals in!
What’s your favourite animal?


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Pastel Daydreams. Design by Fearne.